Poinciana is in the northwest corner of Osceola County, close to Celebration and Kissimmee. Tourism is the area’s source of economic prosperity because of the proximity to Disney World and other popular Central Florida attractions and ranching and citrus farming are the dominate investments. Proximity to major roadways, and the upcoming extension of the Poinciana Parkway and Poinciana SunRail station, are the main reasons for expanding light industry and service enterprises.
COMMUNITY PROFILE (10-Minute Drive Time)
Tapestry Segmentation represents the fourth generation of market segmentation systems that began 30 years ago. The 65-segment Tapestry Segmentation system classifies U.S. neighborhoods based on their socioeconomic and demographic compositions.Learn more about Tapestry Segmentation
|Projected Growth 2019-2024||11.8%|
|2019 Total Daytime Population||32,683|
|2019 Total Housing Units||17,345|
|Projected Growth 2019-2024||12.6%|
|2019 Median HH Income||$47,376|
Svs/Admin HS Diploma Only/GED White Black
- When dining out, these residents favor fast-food dining, as well as family friendly.
- Cell phones are preferred over landlines. Favorite channels include Animal Planet, MTV, ABC Family Channel, Bravo, and Nick Jr., as well as programming on Spanish TV.
- Residents listen to urban or Hispanic radio.
- During the summer, family outings to theme parks are especially popular.
Prog/Mgmt College Degree White
- Residents are partial to domestic vehicles; they like to drive trucks, SUVs, or motorcycles.
- Entertainment is primarily family oriented, TV and movie rentals or theme parks and family restaurants.
- Spending priorities also focus on family (children’s toys and apparel) or home DIY projects.
- Sports include hunting, fishing, bowling, and baseball.
- TV and magazines provide entertainment and information.
- Media preferences include country and Christian channels.
Silver & Gold
Prof/Svc College Degree White
- Partial to luxury cars or SUVs; highest demand market for convertibles.
- Active seniors that maintain a regular exercise regimen and pay attention to healthier eating habits.
- Pursue the luxuries that well-funded retirement affords: an active social life, travel, hobbies, and sports and liberal use of home maintenance services to minimize chores.
- Avid readers of newspapers, magazines, and books.
- Generous supporters of charitable organizations